Friday, May 4, 2012

PCI-Express Video Card Problem?

I purchased a used video card off of Ebay it's a Powercolor ATI Radeon X600XT 128mb. Well I finally was able to figure out how to disable my intergrated video and get the monitor to start up with the video card. I went to www.ati.com and download the X600 serious Catalyst v7.1 along with the drivers as it did not come with any software. After I got the install down and everything seem to be working fine my computer crashed and I got a A and C amber color and B and D were fine. I turned off and on the computer again and then I got a hardware failure when it got into the windows boot up screen. Now I tried restarting it again it got into the windows some of the icons became distorted and unreconizeable and then after a while it just lost it's connection to the card and the computer power button went from green to amber. Does it sound like my video card I purchased is bad or is it something to do with the driver software and I need to get a different set? Thanks in advance|||I think you answered your own question, "I got a hardware failure"

hopefully you didn't pay much for the card.|||If it was a driver problem it wouldn't do all of that. You must have gotten a bad card.|||MAYBE the memory do not compatible with the video card.change the memory slot and try it again.OR you could try to updata your BIOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment