Sunday, May 6, 2012

How to find out is my laptop video card external?

Hello.

I'm trying figure out whether my laptop video card is "external" or not.

I tried with Everest and it and its says its on PCI-E x16 slot which makes me think it's. Also the manufactory says "ATI Radeon X2300 ,external 128MB VRAM".

A friend of mine keep saying me it's internet as embed chipset and now I doubt.

Does someone know if I'm right or how I can check for sure(without disjoint the laptop ;) )|||external just means it doesn't share the system RAM, it has it's own. Video can be expansion or onboard. If it told you it's on PCI-E, that's an expansion card, not embedded onboard|||When I hear external 128MB VRAM, that most commonly is called dedicated VRAM. And I'm nearly positive your video card in "external" I dont know much about how laptops are designed but most aftermarket cards usually have their own expansion slot.

No comments:

Post a Comment