Monday, May 7, 2012

Why won't my ATI Radeon x600 Video Card work on my computer?

Hey,

I have a PCI-e video card I bought and when I tried to install it, my monitor wouldn't come on (my system still gets power though).

I have:

== MSI G41M-P34 Motherboard

== ATI Radeon x600 128MB PCI-e DVI S-Video H9142 Video Card



I downloaded the drivers for the card, but it won't let me install them until I attach the hardware. Any suggestions? Thanks!|||Try to use "ATI Drivers Update Utility" to update your ATI video drivers automatically.. It knows which drivers are compatible with your computer.

Google for it to try. or download it here

http://www.dgtsoft.com/drivers-update-ut…|||Depending on how your system is set up you probably have to boot it up and go into setup. Find where the video options are and make sure that you enable the card. If it was manufacture built go on line and download the repair or replacement information that is specific to your system. If you built it then you should be able to go to the manufacturer of the motherboard and get the same information if you are not sure how to do this.|||install the graphics card, disable the onboard gpu in bios (if any), then boot up and install the drivers for it. Although seriously, I hope you payed little to nothing for that card, that thing is really REALLY old by today's standards.



If it doesn't turn on, you might need to get a bigger power supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment