Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Is My Pci E broken or is it my video card?

ok while putting in my video card i had to be a lil rough with it and i was worried because all the plugs i have DVI, VGA, HDMI will not work because my screen does not receive a connection from it for some reason. i suspect i might have done something to my pci e or my video card is broken my screen was fine because it was working before i put in the new graphics card my graphics card is a ATI Radeon 4770 Series Please and Thank You|||You should NOT force any card into any slot, they slide in with just a little wiggling. I install several dozen a day.

I agree with the other guy, the slots AND the cards are relatively robust and will handle a BIT of clumsiness.



It is simple to figure out. Try the card in another PCIe16 slot or if you only have one slot, try the card in another computer. OR try someone else's card in your slot. That will determine whether the issue is the card or the slot (motherboard).

Go into the bios and make sure that it is set to card as opposed to integrated. Make sure you follow directions for the install properly In some cases, you install the card first, then the drivers, in other cases you install the drivers first. (when all else fails, read directions). Go into device manager then display adapters and make sure you see your new card, not the old one.



I doubt the screen i s broken, but thank you for mentioning it. You should also try with another hdmi or dvi cable. MOST techs prefer dvi plus spidf on our desktop boxes because it is a better, more robust connection, but we usually use hdmi on our notebooks to cut down on clutter. Make sure you use ONE cable at a time, not multiples like on a TV.|||I've been a little rough with my cards when building computers and they worked fine. Most likely your video card is defective.

No comments:

Post a Comment