Monday, May 7, 2012

What does a dell inspiron 531 pci-express video card slot look like? PLEASE help?

I just bought a radeon x800 xl video card, which is a pci-e card. Now from what I've heard, my dell inspiron 531 tower has a pci-e slot, but I have no idea what it looks like. I've been trying to install my video card for an hour, but i've had no luck. Could someone please explain in detail how to install my card... or any kind of help would be much appreciated.



thankyou|||The picture mike gave you was correct, it's the black looking slot from his image. Directions- First you need to take out the metal expansion slot bracket from the computer. It's on the bottom of the back of the case it should be held with a simple screw. After pull the tab (left side) on the pci-express slot towards the bottom the computer case and slip the card into the slot. Lastly secure the card to the computer case with a screw. When connecting to the monitor for the first time use the card you just installed. Also make sure the pci video is enabled in bios.|||http://www.karbosguide.com/books/pcarchi…



It may not be the same color though. But that's the general look of them

No comments:

Post a Comment