Monday, May 7, 2012

16x pci express video card problem!! anyone help!?!?

Hi, I have recently purchased a 16x pci express card. ( MSI RX1550-TD128EH Radeon X1550 )



When I plug it in, the computer fans spin for a second and the whole computer dies. I have to reach in back to the power supply to switch the I/O switch.



Im not sure what the problem could be? Bad card?



Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.



Thanks,

Bob|||Most of these problem can be accounted to a bad (or small) power supply. Make sure that your power supply is 450W or more. If problem still persist, then it could be a bad card.|||Ever since I moved to Nevada my computer powers itself off every now and then, and I have to switch the power switch to revive it...It's a heat issue that happens much less seldom when I have the AC on. I need a processor that runs cooler, and a case that circulates air better.



The vid card is probably producing heat, and may be blocking the circulation of air.



(I replaced my cheap 300w power supply with a pricey 450w one, saw no improvement at-all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment