Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Can I put in a ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB GDDR3 PCI-E Video Card OR a 512mb GDDR3 card in my computer?

I have a Compaq Presario 061

I have 1G of RAM/ Max I can go to is 2G

Windows XP

My old card is a ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series

3.02GHz

My power supply is 300watts.

I have 2 black stripes that I'm not sure whats a PCI-E slot or if I even have one. The first one is around the size of where you put RAM in. The other is around 2.5times bigger than that and its near the back connected to the motherboard. Am I able to get the 4670 1G or will I have to go with the 4670 512mb because I don't have enough power?|||ATI Radeon™ HD 4600 System Requirements:

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard

400 Watt or greater power supply is recommended



Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products|||Yes it is possible, but you may want to consider upgrading your ram to 2gs|||is psu pure power?

yes if your psu is pure power.

No comments:

Post a Comment