Friday, May 4, 2012

What is the Best Video Card For PCI Slots for 2008? Need for WOW.?

First off I want to say plz do not post lol or haha pci sux, I know it does, and that I should get a new mobo and get agp or PCIe. Also plz do not just post links, plz give the name of item and link for the best possible one. I really want to Play WOW, and experience a decent fps with some good visual quality. I have also played it but I had a geforce 5200 and well I couldnt really enjoy the game as much as I would of liked. I had sent it back for a different better video card at tiger direct, but they sold out it was the Visiontek Radeon 2400 Pro 256MB,and that seemed to be the best pci video card I have seen. Also if I need to get a better PSU plz let me know too with the video card. My specs are listed below. Also I have searched the web on this subject extensively and couldn't find a good answer for the year 2008, I know lol PCI haha.

Here are some of the specs on my computer

-Intel 2.53 GHz CPU

-2.0 GB Ram

-250 Watt PSU

-Its a dell dimension 1100, BIOS de051|||these are the best PCI cards you can get. there not very good theey don't make pci s any more so this is what your stuck with.

eVGA Geforce 6200 256B PCI (Nvidia, PCI w/ TV-Out, DVI) * $60.00



Chaintech Geforce 5200 256MB PCI (Nvidia, PCI w/ TV-Out, DVI) * $52.00



HIS / Sapphire Radeon 9250 128MB PCI (ATI, PCI w/ TV-Out, DVI) * $49.00|||Jaton VIDEO-348PCI-QUAD GeForce 6200 Graphics Card 1gb memory is the best you can get for regular pci actually... new egg has it

Report Abuse


|||Check newegg for pci graphics cards, they have a decent selection for cards that old... and for good prices too.



Good luck hunting.|||Companies stopped making PCI based cards awhile ago. The 2400 you were looking at was more than likely a PCI-Express card. That is a different standard from PCI.



Luckily, WOW really doesn't take that much power. Even onboard chipsets can usually handle it at maximum settings. An ATI Radeon from the 9000 series will do what you are looking at without problems. You may want to consider simply upgrading your computer a bit though. For about $400 you could upgrade to a dual core system.|||EVGA GeForce 6200 Video Card will be your best bet from Tiger. I mean 256mb or 128..really dont matter for regular pci tho. Its bottlenecked regardless but Im sure youd be able to play basic games, dont go and try COD4 or Farcry..you wont be able to play those.





You know you could just buy a new motherboard for like $50 thats compatible with your current parts and use them..youll be happy you did. PCI slots are dead my friend video wise.



And no your psu is fine..but if you add more then a graphics card then yes might wasnt to upgrade to 400 watts. But you should be good to go. Just watch your temps and feel the fan to see how hot its getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment