Friday, May 4, 2012

Can I upgrade my laptop with a PCI-E video Card? If so, can someone recommend one?

Hello there,

I have an HP Pavilion dv5-2035,(4gb RAM,ATI RADEON 4250). The laptop inst exactly the best for gaming, and it also has an integrated graphics card. So, I looked into expanding the power of my laptop and came across this alternative. I do not know whether my computer can handle this, or even has a slot for a pci-e,.So, I wanted to know if it is possible, and if so what a good PCI-E video card would be.

Thanks

Thanks.|||Usually notebook's don't have an extra port, for video card. I'm afraid you have to use only the integrated video card.|||Nope...sorry that notebook has no PCIe slot so you can put in a video card. Here's a simple way to figure it out...take a video card...any card! ...lay it next to the laptop....now think hard...were could you possibly put it to fit inside the laptop? most laptops are 1 1/2 inches high most new cards are 2 1/4 inches wide. some netbooks are less than 12 inches wide...the video card is nearly the same length! generally the video card would be almost as big as the laptop. Since the laptop has all that can be crammed into those small cases were could you possibly find room for something almost as big as the laptop itself?|||No. The video card in that model cannot be upgraded. The only hardware you can upgrade in that machine is the RAM.



The same is true of almost every laptop computer. It's one of the things you sacrifice for the size and mobility of a laptop.|||No. The video card in that model cannot be upgraded. The only hardware you can upgrade in that machine is the RAM. Buy a external graphics card..|||Buy a external graphics card..

No comments:

Post a Comment