Friday, May 4, 2012

Help for video card performance issue?

I have an ATI Radeon 9250 128mb PCI card. When I play fullscreen games, the video is PERFECT. When I try to view DVD's, video downloads or online video, and when I use Internet Explorer, every change in the image or video requires a 1/2 to 1 second refresh of the entire screen. I've messed around with the video card settings for resolution and refresh rate, but have not found a winning combo. Why would video/dvd and everything in Internet Explorer refresh so slow (video is unwatchable!), but full-screen games have such smooth graphics and motion? It seems the game would be more graphics intensive, but they work better... Is there a way I can fix this issue that anyone knows of? I can provide more information if you need.|||Hmmm... Good question.



Really all I can suggest is to make sure you have the updated video and chipset drivers for your computer.



Generally, when you have an issue in one area it translates into the other. Which this is not the case with your computer.



If this was simply an issue with the DVD's playing choppy I would suggest enabling DMA on the DVD drive, but that is not the only issue. So I have to assume it is driver related.



Try the new drivers, and if that doesn't help, come back.|||When watching video online, often time the bandwith to views the video causes it to distort.



It lots clearer if you were watching movie offline than online.



Another factor is the person who made the video whether he use a high quality codec program or similar.|||The refresh rate in Internet Explorer is limited by the network speed. Video downloading do take a long time as well. After the download the video file is in your computer and can run fast and refresh fast.



There is nothing wrong with your graphic card, I don't think you can do anything about it.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment