Friday, April 27, 2012

Will the Radeon HD 4670 video card work on my computer?

I have a Phenom II Quad Core processor, a 1 TB hard drive, and a ASUS M4N68T-M V2 motherboard. The only problem I have is that the Geforce 7025 integrated graphics do not like to play newer games, so I plan on getting a Radeon HD 4670. I have another problem, though. The Radeon HD 4670 is a PCI Express 2.0 card, but my motherboard only has a PCI Express channel... not 2.0. Will the Radeon HD 4670 work on my computer?|||You are confused on what that 2.0 means. The 2.0 is just the version number, and it has nothing to do with PCIExpress compatibility.



Any PCIExpress 16x card will work on any PCIExpress 16x motherboard, regardless of version number. They are all compatible. The running speed will just default to the component with the lowest version number.



The HD4670 will work on your motherboard, which has a PCIExpress 16x slot. I wouldn't buy the HD4670 though, since it is on the edge of obsolecence. Get something more recent like an HD5670 or HD6670.|||backward/forward compatible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgR7pZlPI…

No comments:

Post a Comment