Thursday, April 26, 2012

Will a radeon 6850 video card fit on this motherboard? *link*?

motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



video card: http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-…



I know that it has a pci-e SLOT for the radeon 6850, but the radeon is HUGE, will it be able to actually FIT on that card without running into something else?? I really like this motherboard but I'm afraid the radeon won't fit?? any suggestions/info appreciated, thanks a lot!~|||Yes the card will fit on there fine. I have a standard ATX board and my 5850 which is about the same size (9.5 inches) does, but I could not fit a 5970 Radeon in there (12 inches) What you have to be concerned about is the size of your case and whether or not it will hit the hard drive bays/cage



So measure the length between the end of your case where the card will begin up until where the hard drive bays (or any other immobile obstruction begins)



Whether or not the card will fit in your case has very little to do with the motherboard|||The card will fit the mother board ...I have the same board..I was going to get a 6870 and know it will fit my case but I'm waiting for the 6900 series to come out supposedly by Dec. 13th I have a Coolermaster Centurion 5 case and the 6870 fits The CASE is the big limiting factor on what size card you can use (length wise). but even at that I could cut away part of an interfering drive bay with no ill effects...except I would have at least one less drive bay! If its a hard drive bay that is interfering with the install I can use the unused floppy bay!|||I don't think you'll have a problem getting it to fit. Long GPU's tend to crowd some stuff on the motherboard but almost never make it unusable. I'd just make sure what whatever case you have or are going to get has enough room for the GPU. But unless you have a short case you shouldn't have a problem with that either.

No comments:

Post a Comment