Thursday, April 26, 2012

Will my video performance improve if I buy a motherboard with pci 16x capabilities?

I have Radeon 1050x video card which has a pci 16x interface. My motherboard, similar to my video card, is a bargain board and only runs in 8x mode. If I buy a new motherboard that runs in full 16x mode will I get better performance?



Im wondering if its really going to make a difference because I worried my cheap card will bottleneck it no matter what.|||I would agree. I don't even think most cards use the full 16x I think I heard they use something around 12x speed. (maybe who knows). But I doubt your card would ever reach the full 16x.

Would it be worth upgrading, I don't know!|||ur card is wayyy to cheap / underpowered for u to see ANY difference. they cost $50 brand new... not enough processing power or memory for you to see the difference. even on new cards... benchmarks have not shown a significant differnce in frame rates between 8x and 16x. get a new card.|||Nope...no difference. The 8800 series of cards barely use more than 8x of the bandwidth..so that card you have isn't even close to 8x

No comments:

Post a Comment