Friday, April 27, 2012

Is the Radeon 5850 video card the same size as a nVidia 8600 gt?

I want to buy a new graphics card but I want to know if it will fit in my pc. I know I will need a new power source, but does anyone know if this card will fit in my pc if my current 8600 can fit just fine. Also if it makes a difference, I'm using a mobo with PCI-E x 16 (not PCI-E 2.0) so will there be a major quality loss?|||You have half the bandwidth of a PCI-Express v2.0 slot but from a physical perspective, the two slots are identical and will accept cards from the other version and run them at PCI-Express v1.0 speed.



NOTE: PCI-Express x16 is NOT a version, it's a slot size number. PCI-Express v2.0's full-size slot is also known as a PCI-Express x16.|||No, Radeon 5850 is slightly longer than the 8600GT, but it is not huge, so I think it should fit.



Radeon 5850 : 9.5 inch

Nvidia 8600GT : 7 inch

No comments:

Post a Comment