Thursday, April 26, 2012

Do I need to uninstall CCC before upgrading my ATI Radeon video card?

Both cards are relatively new, both PCI express. If I uninstall CCC, can I just re-run the CCC I downloaded a month ago to detect this new card?



I'd just like to power down and swap cards, but is that adviseable? Would CCC detect the new card automatically?|||You can power down and swap. Windows will detect the new card but might not be able to install. Once you run the ATi install, it will update Catalyst Control Center, install the drivers needed by windows, and prompt for a restart. Restart it again, you are done and fresh with ATi video power;)



***

Power down, swap cards, fire up, install the CCC for newer card, it will install drivers and ask to restart. After that, it'll pop up again and you'll be good to go. CCC installer will update the current CCC to the new one.



This is the case because updates work the same way. You have download a full CCC and install, restart when prompted, and then you'll be running the new CCC.|||Reliability and dependability.. ATi and AMD for the win;) You are welcome and thanks for the vote;)

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment