Friday, April 27, 2012

How do I install my new Radeon HD AGP 3850 Video Card?

I already removed my old card from the AGP slot in my desktop. I had to move my sound card PCI down a slot, but changed nothing else. I put the card in, and connected the DVI port/ the other port with a DVI female end to my monitor, and the system sound like it booted a little bit, but I see nothing on the screen.



I tried connecting to onboard video by plugging into the computer's VGA slot. No dice either way, nothing on the monitor.



Should I try something else or just put the old card back in?|||1. try to disable the onboard card from the BIOS.

2. double check your monitor to assure it is looking for the digital signal.

3. reseat your card.

4 try a regular 15 pin analog cable.|||So I didn't install the drivers for the new card before I put it in, and I tried putting the old card back in, but since I uninstalled the drivers for that, it doesn't work either. Any ideas? I tried going with onboard VGA, but that also gave me no image, and I need to access the BIOS to change it

Report Abuse


|||Modern video cards need their own power connection. Did you connect it?



It should at least show something when the computer is turned on, if it doesn't the card may be broken (DOA; Dead On Arrival).



Put the old card back and see if your computer still works properly..



You did unplug the mains when swapping the cards?|||Try entering the BIOS and check to see if the is a setting that selects type of video adapter. You are probably set to AGP, and need to change to PCIe, or PCI depending on which type of card you are attempting to install. To do this you will probably need to reinstall your old card so that you have video to preform this operation.|||1. Video card drivers must be installed BEFORE you install the card.



2. Some LCD monitors when seeing a change in video source will show black screen. Turn off the LCD and then turn it back on.



3. Disable any on-board video devices in the control panel before installing a new external/slotted card.



4. Make sure your power supply can handle the new card.



Sarge

No comments:

Post a Comment