Thursday, April 26, 2012

New ATI Radeon video card not working with Dell Optiplex GX270?

I recently bought a PCI video card (ATI RADEON 128mb) so that I can use 2 monitors with my Dell Optiplex GX270. The problem is I get no video. Black screen only. I have tried disabling the on board video, changing the settings in bios. Nothing works. Tried Dell's support site, but nothing works. Anyone with a similar problem have any ideas? Thanks.|||Go to ATI's website and download the drivers for the video card

graphics cards are not meant to be plug and play devices|||Go to Dell and find a BIOS update. I had a similar problem with a Gateway Essential 433 no AGP slot wanted to play some games. I bought a Geforce 4 MX420 PCI card it would not work, updated the BIOS to latest version it worked.

You will have to download the bios update on a floppy or a USB Memory stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment