Thursday, April 26, 2012

What kind of video card slots does an hp dx2000 microtower have?

Today I opened up my computer to install my ATI Radeon 9600 XT video card, but it wasn't compatible (didn't fit) in my computer. What kind of slot does my computer have, PCI, PCI-E, etc?

Also what would be the best video card for guild wars that works with my computer.|||Specifications page for your HP DX2000: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quick…



It says your DX2000 uses a 865GV motherboard, which has NO dedicated graphics card slot (no AGP, no PCIExpress). It only has three molasses-slow non-express PCI slots clocked at 33mHz.



Don't even think of buying a non-express PCI graphics card. Those are horribly bottlenecked by the PCI slot's 33mHz transfer speed and will actually be SLOWER than your 865GV's on-board graphics. They are not worth the paper box they are packaged in.



That DX2000 is utterly outdated and absolutely un-upgradeable. Just donate it to a worthy cause, take the tax deduction, and get a better computer that uses PCIExpress.|||Protip: There's no such thing as an ATI Radeon 9600 XT. The 9000 series is by Nvidia.



Second, the best way to find out is to crack it open and look.

AGP Slots look like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co…

(Sorry for the weird link)



PCI Slots look like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co…



PCI-E Slots look like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co…

(Note: Any #Lane GPU will fit ina X16 Lane PCI-E Slot)



It's some pretty simple research, it doesn't require too much work to find out :l



Hope I helped.|||I checked HPs web site and I haven't found anything about what type of video it uses, The slot on the motherboard what color was it? If its brown it would be AGP, if its blue or black that would be PCI-e. I'm guessing that its an old pc from 2004-05 so, it probably only supports AGP.



I got your email, but every time I get a message from another user and reply to it I get a mail demon error so, I can't reply to messages. The white slot is a PCI slot and is very very old. If your Radeon is PCI-e its going to fit because its a totally different bus.



Heres HPs' web site on the pc:

No comments:

Post a Comment